Railroad Forums 

• Out of Wilmington

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #60534  by kevikens

I have noticed a great deal of activity in the Wilmington, Del area with lots of NS freight movement but I am curious about something. How does all of this freight activity get out of Wilmington to the rest of the country ? I can't figure out how they do this. Does it it go onto the NEC ? Southward to Perryville ? North to Phila. ? Is there some hidden connection to the Harrisburg Line ? Anybody know this ? Thanks
 #60681  by Guest

My guess is that it goes to Perryville over the NEC probably at night.

#69703  by nick_anshant

There are 4 per day trains that run between NS Edgemoore Yard in Wilmington and CSAO Stony Creek Yard in Marcus Hook, PA. Stony Creek runs trains over SEPTA to and from CSX Eastside Yard in South Philadelphia. This is the northern route for trains in Wilmington. South would by to Perryville, some of which is over the NEC.

#70308  by kevikens

Do you know at about what time of the day these movements are likely to occur ?

#71085  by NsNscalerailfaN

The only trains that run between 6 AM and 10 PM are locals. Coal runs as needed as well as coal and grain movements bound for Delmarva, which go through Newark and Perryville. The main trains into Wilmington run at night as only locals run during day.