Railroad Forums 

• 'Out-Of-Control' Hordes Swarm Jersey Shore, 15 Arrested - at least a thousand arriving by NJ Transit

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1599231  by Ken W2KB

The latest: "Long Branch, Point Beach Still Bracing For June Mass Parties
Flyers are circulating on TikTok and elsewhere of a pop-up party June 18 in Point Pleasant Beach and June 19 in Long Branch." ""We have to talk to NJ Transit to do something about them bringing these trains in packed with people," Long Branch Public Safety Director Domingos Saldida previously said."We will continue to communicate with the (Long Branch) Mayor's office and assess operational concerns," said NJ Transit spokesman Jim Smith when asked how NJ Transit plans to deal with crowd control." https://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley ... aign=alert

Guess that Long Branch wants NJ Transit to not allow passengers on its trains or only allow a few onboard so the trains run mostly empty.
 #1599268  by NY&LB

Guess that Long Branch wants NJ Transit to not allow passengers on its trains or only allow a few onboard so the trains run mostly empty.
I seriously doubt ANY of these "party goers" actually have tickets so the simple solution is to only open a few train doors for boarding and only allow ticket holders on board. MARC does that on some of their trains to Baltimore, I have experienced it myself and although it slows boarding, I saw a good number of people denied boarding who had no ticket. In addition, have NJT Police to help the crews, yes I know there is a limited number of NJT Police but something like that could potentially control access to the trains. On weekends there is only one train per hour.
I would be very curious as to how many of the previous train riding "party goers" actually had tickets or paid their fare on board.