Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1544599  by Pensyfan19

I don't have an Ozark mountain railcar account. Could please post an image or description of the car?
 #1544606  by shadyjay

Pensyfan19 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm I don't have an Ozark mountain railcar account. Could please post an image or description of the car?
Try this link instead:
https://ozarkmountainrailcar.com/railEq ... 0Equipment

There's one "unrefurbed" ConnDOT (ex-PATrain) coach on there, and its possible those two NS business cars further down the page are ex-ConnDOT as well, since I believe a few of those PATrain cars went to NS for a time.
 #1544639  by nomis

Connecticut DOT Commuter Coach #1602
Former Connecticut Department of Transportation commuter car. Some of the mechanical details include: High capacity seating, HEP, H couplers, rotating end cap bearings, electric heat, A/C, commuter style seats, emergency windows, comp shoes good wheels, electric decelostatts, ISSH trucks, truck mounted cylinders, fair body & roof, 26-C brakes.

#1545698  by Tadman

The exterior rust looks mostly surface-oriented except that seam at the far left, which will be a hefty project. But then you'll need a paint job as this one is shot, and there are six missing windows. Who knows what kind of crap is inside - bees, birds, bums... The remaining windows appear to be opaque. While this car appears "solid" in terms of structure (and we can't see the vestibule floors), it needs A LOT OF WORK. Short of a very dedicated volunteer crew, that means big dollars.