Railroad Forums 

• Online Interviews - HireVue

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1479325  by JCB

Has anyone ever had one? I had one with Canadian Pacific about two weeks ago called HireVue. It was different not actually speaking to someone directly. They ask you 6 questions. Mainly basic type with a few behavioral questions mixed in.

You get to practice before you do the actual interview, so that did help, but still kind of awkward not talking to someone.
 #1480654  by JCB

Well I called HR and she said should get a another interview soon on the phone, possibly. CP has quite a long process.
 #1480764  by rowekmr

I did it for the airlines (ramp agent position) and a railroad job I applied for. Same thing for both a mix of questions about myself and job abilities.
 #1480801  by Acela150

JCB wrote:Well I called HR and she said should get a another interview soon on the phone, possibly. CP has quite a long process.
That's really every railroad.
 #1505819  by choochooman

JCB wrote:Has anyone ever had one? I had one with Canadian Pacific about two weeks ago called HireVue. It was different not actually speaking to someone directly. They ask you 6 questions. Mainly basic type with a few behavioral questions mixed in.

You get to practice before you do the actual interview, so that did help, but still kind of awkward not talking to someone.
A computer asks you and you type the answers?
 #1505939  by Acela150

choochooman wrote:
JCB wrote:Has anyone ever had one? I had one with Canadian Pacific about two weeks ago called HireVue. It was different not actually speaking to someone directly. They ask you 6 questions. Mainly basic type with a few behavioral questions mixed in.

A computer asks you and you type the answers?
"Hirevue" is where you record your answers on your webcam.