Railroad Forums 

• On30 Modelling

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1096609  by Bigt

These are wide-open questions, but, here goes......any good guidelines / pointers / advice to give to someone
looking to get into On30 trains? Good / bad manufacturers, equipment, and so on? What to watch for, be
careful of? I have on order a couple of guides / catalogs to help me along, but, thought maybe someone here
would have some words of advice. Thanks.
 #1097252  by Earle Baldwin

Bigt:

Bachmann has developed a reputation for releasing On30 equipment of superb quality. If I may, I suggest you join the O Gauge Railroading Magazine Forum. The site offers a forum specific to O scale narrow gauge modeling and On30 is discussed on a regular basis. You'll find many folks with On30 experience who would be happy to provide whatever assistance and/or information you need:

http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/displayFor ... 4336485279

Good luck,

Bob