Railroad Forums 

• Old spurs between Hicksville and Greenlawn on the Pt. Jeff

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #370812  by Spartan Phalanx

The autumn and winter months reveal old spurs throughout the LIRR system. There are a number east of Hicksville and west of Greenlawn, some overgrown with small trees, and others that are reasonably clear. Anybody familiar with what I'm talking about? Who were these customers, and when did their freight service end? Are the spurs all disconnected? I know the lumberyards in Huntington are active NYA customers, and that the Greenlawn team track is occasionally used, as is the team track just west of Huntington's LIRR station. Speaking of team tracks, is the short spur just west of Syosset station next to Underhill Blvd. a team track that NYA could use for off-line justomers in the Syosset area, or just for LIRR MoW equipment? Thanks.

#371334  by emfinite

I've always seen LIRR MOW equipment laid up there West of Syosset, nothing NYA related.

Joe