Railroad Forums 

• Old Road Sighting

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#89893  by Emmo213

As I was leaving campus about 11 this morning, I drove under the Old Road on Secor and noticed that there was a train stopped there. I thought that was unusual so I pulled into Rocket to see what I could see. Sitting right next to the med center was a BNSF SD70MAC! Anybody know why this train was stopped or why such large (and foreign) power was on the road?

Brian

#90022  by matt

Trains very frequently stop here. I once saw 2 BNSF sd70's stopped here for some reason, they were heading north to get a train. The crew got out just east of the Secor bridge and did something with the big metal box next to the tracks. I also saw a train stopped here a few days ago around 500AM.

Was this unit in the executive (green and white) scheme? I saw one of these units today doing some work around Westwood at cp292, probably the same one.

As far as the foreign power aspect, they send up whatever is available in the yard, regardless of the paint.

There have been lots of trains going up to O. Lake lately, I've been hearing them and a freind told me he was stopped twice last week in O. Hills. To bad our friend Mike doesn't still have his "room on the tracks" to help us out.
 #90135  by mike

While going to and from classes on campus, I noticed that the snow from the last little storm at the Douglas Rd. crossing was pushed away. Sounds like there's been lots going on. I almost drove up there to O. Lake to see if anything was going on.

I have noticed NS "stealing" power off of the Detroit Edison coal trains sitting just to the west of Toledo Yard. An BNSF H2 sd70 took a train of gondolas filled with scrap and stone west running long hood forward on Wednesday. I figure this power came off the same coal train. Neat to see before a mail train zipped through eastbound.

Keep warm out there. Sounds like there's plenty of white stuff on the way!!

#90356  by matt

Hey Mike, someone else saw that unit Wed too, check the linked post.

#100948  by mike

Today around 1:00 I went to get lunch at Arby's, and there next to Rocket Hall sat two dash nines and a train...it was just sitting there...