Railroad Forums 

• Old Refinery/Bellwether District Transit connections

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1583650  by Billybob

I'm sure you all have heard about that Hilco project and how many jobs it could create in 20 years.

My question is what transit options would be feasible there.

There is a rail yard but thats all frieght..

Any ideas?
 #1583742  by ExCon90

It would be interesting to know whether the developers have made any provision to allocate space on the property for transit, and in what form, or discussed transit access with SEPTA before firmly committing to buildings just where the transit terminal needs to be. I live in the Philadelphia area and have seen nothing in the Philadelphia Inquirer so far, although it's usually good at keeping up with transportation issues.
 #1583759  by NotYou

The area is effectively is a car only accessible, old industrial area. The SE corner is next to the I-76 entrance to the naval yard complex. Extending the broad street line to the naval yard is a whole other never-ending Philadelphia transit discussion.
 #1583795  by AlexC

Since we're playing SimCity....

How about extending PATCO through Rittenhouse Square, then diagonally towards Grays Ferry... underground until about Tasker @ 76. Above ground above an extended 34th Street down to about Ritner, then hang a left a towards a newly intersecting Oregon & Passyunk. Due south from there until Penrose.... here you run a spur over to the airport, or since I'm dreaming, tie it back into the BSL at the Navy Yard. ;)

Not counting the airport spur, it's about 6 miles. So about 36 billion dollars to do - give or take.
 #1584125  by PHLSpecial

AlexC wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:47 pm Since we're playing SimCity....

How about extending PATCO through Rittenhouse Square, then diagonally towards Grays Ferry... underground until about Tasker @ 76. Above ground above an extended 34th Street down to about Ritner, then hang a left a towards a newly intersecting Oregon & Passyunk. Due south from there until Penrose.... here you run a spur over to the airport, or since I'm dreaming, tie it back into the BSL at the Navy Yard. ;)

Not counting the airport spur, it's about 6 miles. So about 36 billion dollars to do - give or take.
There is a plan for Patco to go through Rittenhouse, UCity Regional Rail station and the 40th street portal.
Might as well build a new subway line than. Connects to the Southwest part of the city goes via 21st street and ends somewhere around Wayne Junction.
 #1584203  by BuddCar711

PHLSpecial wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:36 pmThere is a plan for Patco to go through Rittenhouse, UCity Regional Rail station and the 40th street portal. Might as well build a new subway line than. Connects to the Southwest part of the city goes via 21st street and ends somewhere around Wayne Junction.
I say go one better, and dust off the plans for the Woodland Avenue Elevated, and make that an extension of PATCO.