• Old MNJ Trash Waste to Gas Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by bwparker1

Back on the old railroad.net, there was a thread about a company planning to locate a plant on a railroad where they would convert garbage into gas. it wasn't a trash incenerator, it was a new type of technology. Someone posted a link to the name of the company that was plannig to build the facility. I believe it was to be located on the MNJ, but I may have the railroads mixed up. Does anyone remeber this info and could they provide the name or link to the company that licenses this trash to gas technology?

Thanks,

Brooks

by Otto Vondrak

It was supposed to be the M&NJ, but I think the deal fell through for a number of reasons. Not sure of all the details...

-otto-
  by spflanger

The "Waste to Ethanol", plant in Middletown NY, is still very much alive. Although crawling along.... The plant is designed to take waste and refine it into ethanol. They will be shipping in acid and shipping out ethanol, possibly other by-products. The Mayor of Middletown is very much behind this facility and the town council just approved the project a few months ago. At this point the company PENCOR-MASADA has to come up with the funds to start the project. It will be built on the city's old landfill site.

They have looked at using the M&NJ for construction and shipments. It still remains to be seen if they use the railroad at all. Considering its present condition and decline of it's owner who knows what will happen.