Railroad Forums 

• Old locomotive radios

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#40047  by BR&P

Is there a market out there for older locomotive radios? I have a Motorola Micor, a Motran, and what I believe is a Motrack, all legally obtained. They need work but I hate to toss them if they are collectable or if they would be in demand for someone restoring an old loco - or even for parts. Any suggestions? Or should I string them all on a chain and use them for a boat anchor?

#52688  by BR&P

OK - a boat anchor it is!

#52753  by Ken W2KB

Or try Ebay - some folks might want one.
 #52888  by clearblock

BR&P

If you are going to scrap them, did you get the private message I sent you last month? I did not see any response from you to that message.

#53133  by BR&P

Clearblock - no, I didn't. The computer was messed up for several days a couple weeks back - try again.

#53159  by clearblock

BR&P

I just sent you another private message including my email & phone so you can respond directly. This is re an organization that could use the radios.
 #751360  by wa8lgm

If anyone is interested, I have a whole back room here at the Midwest Railway Preservation Society's machine shop full of them. There are control heads, radios, and radio mounts. Sorry, there are no cables for them. One or two of them have 72 to 13.6 vdc inverters. There is also a few WABCO UHF radios marked with Canadian OFCOM labels stating that they are UHF transceivers. However, I don't have any heads for them. I'd be glad to get them out of here and maybe make a couple of bucks for the museum. If you are interested, you can contact me at home at 770-734-3961. Ask for John, or you can email me at [email protected] to get particulars. Thanks. --- John