Railroad Forums 

• Old B&M charts: what aspects do the signals represent?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1442731  by BostonUrbEx

Here is a sample of a stereotypical B&M chart: http://www.nmro.org/samp-n-plan.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm looking for a key for the signal masts, as the different patterns represent the different potential signals that can possibly be displayed.

The only thing I can figure out for certain is that the circles with a horizontal line through them are only capable of displaying red. The rest have seemingly endless possibilities.

EDIT: also, circles with a diagonal line from top left to bottom right are heads that can only display a red or yellow.
 #1467897  by BostonUrbEx

Does anyone know the best way to reach out to Mr. Scott Whitney? I struck out in searching for an email or any contact information, and I struck out trying to initiate contact on FaceBook.

Also, I was unable to find B&MRRHS Bulletin XV #2 online, nor is it in the society's latest catalog (which is dated 2015 and might not even be a valid/up to date catalog).

I reached out via email to B&MRRHS for both contact information and/or the bulletin. Hopefully they'll be able to help me out, but if not, any guidance would be appreciated.