• OK, so how is this for weird?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by mirrodie

Just saw a pair of NYCA locos eastbound at Pinelawn at 1041 PM. AS they crossed the raod and were just east of the station, a guy in a truck starts honking at them. But the guy had what sounded like train horns. WTF? Numerous autos, including me!, pulled over. But it was not the consist, it was a pickup truck. ????!

Wondering if any crew on board heard this and realized what was going on.
  by wasKFC

Very possible the driver of the pickup knew the crew and was an ex-employee!
  by Tadman

Some Uber-foamers have K5LA horns on their trucks. I was on Amtrak this past weekend on my way to Chicago when just such a goofball passed us. It sounded a bit too close as I was in the trailing sleeper of a 10-car consist, then I realized it was a semi honking at us. Those are a bit expensive, but to each his own.
  by railfan365

Generally, being a railfan is fine - I wouldn't be posting here if I thought otherwise. BUT, there should be a limit on some things - such as there should be a restriction on rigging up road vehicles with train horns that might confuse drivers travelling in proximity to an active rail line.