Railroad Forums 

• Official Tilton Caboose Train Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#579902  by NHN503

SLR 393 wrote:
Ian MacMillan wrote:Heads up, quick schedule addition
I will not be working the train as I am on FMLA until the first week of October.
Why, to work on your layout? :-D :P :P
You know me all to well! That and the A car :wink:
 #608337  by wog820

Our last trip with the Hobo is this weekend :-D :( . hope to see some of you railfans out there. :wink: We'll be going to Lincoln on Friday nite, with a return trip on Sunday morning. We make a stop in Plymouth(lunch) and Ashland(Glove Hollow Tree Farm) on the return trip.

There will be plenty of trains runnig out of Lincoln ths weekend. A couple of Santa trains in the afternoon, and the Polar express for the Evening run. Check there web sight for the times.
 #611664  by wally

saw the return of the cabeese in tilton on sunday afternoon. i was on the way to northfield to pick up some roofing with my old truck. i could hear the whistle from bear hill, a few miles south.
 #643887  by B&Mguy

With spring right around the corner, I was wondering if there is a schedule available for caboose train runs. There were some great chases last year, and I'm looking forward to some more this spring and summer.

Thanks for any info!
 #644029  by wog820

I think we're going out first weekend in April on NEGS to Concord, if all the snow is gone. And we're going to Lincoln in June for that railfest at the Hobo, probaly Highland games in Sept. and are usual trip in Dec to Lincoln thats all I know right now. until I see final schedule. It was just put together last weekend. :wink:
 #656068  by wog820

B&Mguy wrote:Any updates as to what the schedule is for this year?

Thanks!
April 4-5 NEGS Concord

April 25-26 Hobo RR , Lincoln ( Sat. morn depart )

May ?

June 12- 14 Hobo RR, Lincoln Rail fest (we leave on Friday morning )

July 4th to Ashland
 #656478  by schwab21

Hello,
Can someone please tell me the departure time of the trips this Saturday (4/4)? I would like to chase this train and any other info would be greatly appreciated!
 #656539  by NHN503

schwab21 wrote:Hello,
Can someone please tell me the departure time of the trips this Saturday (4/4)? I would like to chase this train and any other info would be greatly appreciated!

We usually depart Northfield Yard at 0930. If you get there around early you can catch making the train as well as when we do the run around at Lochemere
 #661574  by B&Mguy

Hey Wog, any details about the upcoming trip to Lincoln? I'm guessing you guys will be heading up there early.

That was a great chase last year, and I hope to do it again this year!
 #662606  by wog820

B&Mguy wrote:Hey Wog, any details about the upcoming trip to Lincoln? I'm guessing you guys will be heading up there early.

That was a great chase last year, and I hope to do it again this year!
The trip is still on for the 25th, we'll leave Northfield/Tliton around 8:00 or 8:30am. I don't know of any stops, but I'll find out that morning. I'll be on the "Cold Harbor". :wink: