And the first of many announcements is made.......
TOYS 'N' TURKEYS CHARITY TRAIN ANNOUNCED
PRESS RELEASE - Tuesday, October 15, 2013
The Maine Eastern Railroad announced today that it will operate a special charity collection train on Saturday, November 16, 2013. Named the Toys 'n' Turkeys Train
, the special train will stop at all four of the railroad's stations to collect donations of new, unwrapped toys, frozen turkeys, and other non-perishable food items.
The Maine Eastern Railroad will accept donations on Saturday, November 16th, at the following stations:
- Rockland, from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM at 4 Union Street
- Wiscasset, from 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM at Railroad Avenue
- Bath, from 11:35 AM to 12:30 PM at Visitor Center (15 Commercial Street)
- Brunswick, from 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM at Visitor Center (16 Station Avenue)
At all station stops, the Maine Eastern Railroad will invite visitors to board the uniquely decorated train, drop their donation, and enjoy hot cocoa, warm apple cider, and cookies courtesy of the Maine Eastern Railroad's employees and Tim Hortons of Rockland.
Seats will not be available to ride on this train. It will operate for the collection of donations only.
All toy & food donations will be provided to local families by the following local charities just in time for Thanksgiving and the winter holidays:
- Catholic Charities of Maine (http://www.ccmaine.org/
- AIO Food Pantry (http://www.aiofoodpantry.org/
- Penquis (http://www.penquis.org/
- The Salvation Army (http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/
For more information, please visit http://www.maineeasternrailroad.com/toysnturkeys
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maine Eastern Press Contact: Rudy Garbely at [email protected] or 973-267-6537