• OCS on the move?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by Agent at Clicquot

From Trainorders/East:

CR6079 sez:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While coming through Lowellville,Oh on the Youngstown line tonite NS 097 struck a car causing minor damage to the car and no damage to the train.NS 2616 leading a 7 car ocs train was at restricted speed at time of accident due to the yearly Lowellville festival.Anyone know where this train was/is going?

Might this be the train NS is sending to the DNC in Boston? Should be CP-Draw in Buffalo at 0700.

If folks who see this train could add to this thread, I'd appreciate it.

* JB *

by LCJ

I saw a shot of Bush stumping in Ohio with and NS office car behind him.

by CSX Conductor

It is coming to Boston for the Democratic National Convention :D

http://pages.cthome.net/pjh76/ns2616.JPG

by CSX Conductor

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have heard that the NS business train was vandalized while waiting to head home. Supposedly 6 cars were spray painted :(
Last edited by CSX Conductor on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Jason W

I saw it come through Chatham, NY earlier this week. Really wierd to see a NS unit on the Boston Line, you would assume that they would of used Guilford's B&M if those two are so buddy-buddy... Nice to see a nice long passenger train roar by the old station not in Amtrak colors.

by AmtrakFan

CSX Conductor wrote:sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have heard that yje NS business train was vandalized while waiting to head home. Supposedly 6 cars were spray painted :(
I hoep they catch who ever did it also did they clean them?

AmtrakFan

by metman499

They set it out somewhere and the train is on the Lehigh Line today. It should have left Croxton around 6 AM this morning. As to it's destination, I don't know