Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W pictures from Binghamton

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#430408  by ricebrianrice

#430422  by ricebrianrice

I went over there hoping to get a good shot of the Cartier Units before they leave, but they were blocked by some NS Freight. All I could get was the nose of 3664, and that wasn't very good.

Damn freight, ruining my pictures. :-D

#430438  by ANDY117

I feel your pain, Brian! Unfortunately, there are no good places to get pictures of the NYSW side of the yard.

The NS 3046 is the H1G switcher, looks like it was going/coming from Vestal.

Hey Scotty- You gonna chase em west once they all get here?

Extra SU-100 on duty tonight at 7 unless things changed.

NYSW 3014 is back on the road, and doing fine from what I've heard so far.

#430450  by Tadman

What's the story with the Auto-Train car parked behind the engine house?

#430452  by cjvrr

AFAIK,

The Autotrain car is used for an office.

#430531  by ANDY117

That would be the NYSW yard office. They're moving into the old D&H freight station shortly, if they haven't already.

#431148  by ricebrianrice

Wouldn't you know it, when I left work on Friday, I didn't drive by the yard, and as I drove over the Brandywine Bridge, all that freight that had been blocking my pictures of the Alco's was gone. !@#$%%^

Oh well, next time.