Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Equipment Sale

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#520586  by thebigham

Has anything been sold?

Are any out of service engines for sale?
 #520619  by kingfish

thebigham Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anything been sold?

No locomotives are for sale at this point. In addition, no thoughts of donations contrary to many rumours originating in the NJ/NY railfan circuit.

Thanks,

kingfish

:wink:

#520743  by washingtonsecondary

There shouldn't be any thoughts of donations in my opinion. Like I said in the NY forum, it's a business, not a charity.

#520819  by blockline4180

washingtonsecondary wrote:There shouldn't be any thoughts of donations in my opinion. Like I said in the NY forum, it's a business, not a charity.
Hmmm, maybe you should leave your East Main Street throne for a nice six figure upper mgmt. position at nysw. :P

#520881  by washingtonsecondary

And leave what I have here? Pah! No way.

#520926  by thebigham

Thanks, kingfish!
 #521031  by lvrr325

kingfish wrote:thebigham Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anything been sold?

No locomotives are for sale at this point. In addition, no thoughts of donations contrary to many rumours originating in the NJ/NY railfan circuit.

Thanks,

kingfish

:wink:
Well, the 0-6-0 in Cooperstown is for sale. Given it hasn't steamed in what... 30 years or more? I'm not sure it counts as a "locomotive" exactly, it was never on the NYS&W roster anyhow.

$45,000 or so and it can be yours. Just by comparison the NYC 0-6-0 in Utica sold for a tad over $10,000 when the NRHS up there bought it. I believe DF Barnhardt has another seller offering a second ex-US Army 0-6-0, though, so you could have bookends if you wanted.

#526544  by nyswfan

No surprise that the RDC's are for sale. They weren't profitable in Syracuse.

Funny it seems the RDC service wasn't profitable because of mismanagement, so they chose to give up completely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnTrack

#530860  by amoreho1

the fallowing have been sold

m5

#530931  by Noel Weaver

nyswfan wrote:No surprise that the RDC's are for sale. They weren't profitable in Syracuse.

Funny it seems the RDC service wasn't profitable because of mismanagement, so they chose to give up completely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnTrack
How do you consider it "mismanaged"?
They couldn't run the service any cheaper than with a single RDC and a
one man crew, just an engineer who also collected fares.
The day I rode the train, there was one other passenger, they could not
make it pay that way.
Noel Weaver

#530947  by Steamtown Observer

the following have been sold

m5
My understanding is that 507, 508 has gone to CSX and 535, 536 to NY&GL. Who bought the M5?

#531068  by amoreho1

according to a friend the 507 and the 508 returned to Armory Square last night csx did not accept them the m5 was sold to Conway Scenic

#531445  by amoreho1

i made a mistake the 507 is now csx property the dome car has returned

#533888  by kingfish

M5 is sold.

508 is sold.

536 is sold.