Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W E9's for sale

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#2405  by Otto Vondrak

Looks like Wlater Rich has to give up all of his toys... first the Chinese steam loco, now the E9's... too bad!

-otto-

#2420  by trainfreak

Well the steam engine (142) is still on the NYSW its just the NYSW doesnt actually own it. It is housed in Butler NJ right off of the NYSW southern division main. But the way i read the thing about the E9 it sounds like just one if for sale the 2402. I just want to know why they are selling it.

E9s

#2489  by NYSW3614

The NYSW bought a power car so they wouldn't have to use the E9s anymore for the HEP. I've seen some other E's for sale. These aren't in great shape either from what I have heard.

#2580  by Alcoman

I suspect it is getting hard to get parts for the 567 engine these engines have.
I also wonder if he is selling all this equipment because he is selling the entire railroad down the road. With CSX owning a great deal of it already, I guess its only a matter of time.

#2604  by DutchRailnut

EMD parts are not in short supply, all EMD parts are still available.
with at least 3000plus or so 567's still growling away somewere EMD needs to keep supplying parts and rebuilding engines and liners.
the 567 short block 12 cylinder is in short supply but the power assemblies are standard.
Like Otto said on an other board NS is probably making Walther Rich give up his toys before the take over (not CSX)

#2616  by bwparker1

Where are these E's located? The ad just says, "Upstate New york"

Thanks,
Brooks

#10585  by N_DL640A

>>>I suspect it is getting hard to get parts for the 567 engine these engines have.
I also wonder if he is selling all this equipment because he is selling the entire railroad down the road. With CSX owning a great deal of it already, I guess its only a matter of time<<<

As stated, -NO- EMD parts are really hard to find, even straight B liners (i.e. for a 567B which was not converted to a BC) can be had.
That said, the E-9s have 567C engines, not 567BC.

#28789  by NS59

I will be passing thru Syr ob July 3rd on the I90 and would like to hope off and get some photos of these units. Does anyone have directions from the I90? Are they easily photographed? are they even still there?

Thanks,

Dave

#28795  by NYSW3614

They are stored in Apulia now. They had been using them on the work trains before being replaced by a GP20.

Joshua

#29017  by NS59

Where is Apulia? is there easy access from the I90?

Thanks,

Dave

#29038  by O-6-O

ns59; From I-90 take I-81 south till you reach Tully exit , get off and go
east on NY rt-80 a few miles till you reach Apulia Station. I believe
the E's are on the siding north of the crossing.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-