Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Around Syracuse

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#956101  by CuseRecorder

I'm from Syracuse, but I've never tried for any nys&w action.I see them switching cars over near downtown/westside once in a while. and I was wondering if anyone knew when trains ran on the line? Do they have daily train(s)? I know one runs from Binghamton- Syracuse or vice versa , but i don't know when.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
 #956215  by waldwickrailfan

usually late morning on Tuesday, Thursday, and saturday, a road freight goes up. a local goes up everyday, at least thats what i am told. i'm not 100% sure on all of that, but many people do tell me this stuff.

also in Syracuse is CSX, many trains a day.
 #967196  by K4Pacific

Got the AMT 40th Anniversary train coming down the Syracuse side tomorrow 9/2 to Binghaamton thence Scranton on CP.