Railroad Forums 

• NYNJ Rail grant for expansion

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1062713  by DutchRailnut

key word is possible..
 #1062825  by rscott417

Ðauntless wrote:I'll believe it when the engine are on the property.
Probably right but it would be nice to see some brand new equipment over there.
 #1064027  by freightguy

Dauntless,

No shots of the first float out of the 65 St floats bridges yesterday July 14th? I was I would of knew about this would loved to witness that. About time since they were refurbished in the late 90's
 #1064766  by freightguy

I think it is more a permenant move. They even changed the car float rails I believe to match the float bridge apron. Ironically though they put in a brand new pontoon at Bush terminal around Aug 2007. I think eventually the city would like to take the land near Bush Terminal. All the costumers could be moved to 65 St. I guess we'll have to see what develops with the new trackage near 39th. From an employee I heard the PA may put the operation for bid again, maybe have an interest but a new operator.