Railroad Forums 

• NYMT in Jeopardy?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#367081  by Scott K

Is the continued existence of the New York Museum of Transportation in Jeopardy? I read a letter on the editorial page of the Rochester D&C a couple of days ago saying that they aren't planning to go anywhere soon. Apparently the BOCES property they occupy is in danger of being sold due to operations being ended there. Anyone from the NYMT or R&GVRRM have any information on this? I came on to the forum tonight to see if the subject was already being discussed, and was a bit surprised not to find anything about it. (I also tried to find the original letter from the paper, but it had already been tossed, and the D and C site doesn't have it up, either.)

Scott K.

#374267  by conrail6479

Scott K. It is in New York Railfan form and which you posted there already about this topic.