Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#244269  by MNRR PA OPERATOR

I jus wanted if any of you guys know this. While working for Metro North, since it is MTA, i have access to Motorman and Conductor schedule cards. I also have friends of my family who work as Motormen on the B Division. Now in the B Division, the subdivisions are, NORTH, SOUTH and QUEENS. I know NORTH has A,C,J,M,Z,L,Rockaway Parkway shuttle. SOUTH has B,D,W,N,Q,FRANKLIN SHUTTLE. QUEENS has E,F,G,R,V. I jus wanted to know does that mean that all of the jobs start in the division itself? Meaning since the A is part of NORTH division, do all jobs start at 207? Because i noticed most start at 207, but one job A-339 i believe starts at Far Rockaway and Ends in Far Rockaway. What I am asking is, do most North jobs start in the North? Do Most South Jobs start in the South? And do most jobs in Queens start in Queens terminals? I also do notice there is a N job starting at Astoria, Queens although the N is a South Job. Also i read the Frankin Avenue Shuttle jobs, and it says Report Dekalb, and Relief Dekalb. I would have thought Motormen report to Prospect Park?

MNRR PA OPERATOR

RAILROADERS DO IT
DAY AND NIGHT
MNCRR 4 LIFE

NEW HAVEN POWWR!!!
THE KEYS TO LONG LIFE:
DIET, EXERCISE, AND STANDING BACK FROM THE EDGE OF THE PLATFORM!

#244840  by BMT

MNRR PA Operator: I believe the North, South and Queens designations relate to the geographic location of the YARDS not necessarily the main terminal locations.

For instance, the A is designated as North even though there is Far Rockaway terminal physically in the south. But most A trains ORIGINATE out of 207th Street yard (with the exception of Rockaway park with a small storage yard). This also applies to the N train which has it yard based in Coney Island/Stillwell yard urgo it is designated South even though alot of the jobs start out at Ditmars Bld./Astoria.