Railroad Forums 

• NYCS Employee ID Card

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#826600  by 3rd out nuthin comin

I suggest Ancestry.com. This is more of a general genealogy search than a railroad search anyway.

You have a name, a d/o/b, an active year, and even a social security number. Look at the 1940 US Census and the 1950 Census. Look for younger residents of the same household, as in children. Follow what you find.

With the above information, you can also probably find a date of death and a location. If it's outside the Albany area, then continue your search in that area for children or descendants.
 #827525  by UpperHarlemLine4ever

I once earlier suggested that you contact CSX. Another thought is the Railroad Retirement Board. Perhaps you could contact them and explain that you have this item and you would like to send it to the next of kin.
 #827732  by Otto Vondrak

UpperHarlemLine4ever wrote:I once earlier suggested that you contact CSX. Another thought is the Railroad Retirement Board. Perhaps you could contact them and explain that you have this item and you would like to send it to the next of kin.
RRB:

http://www.rrb.gov/mep/genealogy.asp

-otto-
 #981196  by Jerry

This is unbelieveable. I was doing some geneological work online on the Judd family, and this post came up. The man you have identified on the ID card is my grandfather, and the Walter Judd mentioned in another post as living in Wynantskill is my uncle. My grandfather did work in the West Albany Yards, and lived on North Manning Blvd and walked down there. Later in his career I think he had to commute to Harmon Yards after they closed West Albany. He was a WWI Vet and a good hardworking man. It was good of you not to toss it and go to the effort to locate someone. I don't know how you would like to proceed with this, but please let me know. I will check back in the forum periodically, or you could reach me at [email protected]. Thanks to all who were concerned about this. Thanks very much.