Railroad Forums 

• NYC Photo Ban

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#192538  by Ken W2KB

EdM wrote:well, my son-in-law, NYPD 34th pct, seys that they still hassle photogs taking pictures of the GW Bridge.. Tho I heard somewhere that Comm Kelly had said that they cannot hassle all the tourists... NYC sucks anyway... I got asked to leave LI Mac A airport (public property) and the same at JFK...(camera)... ride metro north with your camera that is supposed to be OK.
Out of curiosity, what were you photographing at the airport, and from what type of area (e.g., ramp, terminal, side of runway, etc.)?

#192549  by EdM

at JKF there is a terriffic location just north of the approach to (i think) 15L, by the numbers..bad sun angle though...[even WITH a NYCPD PBA card] I got hasseled when on the roof of the parking garage... The best location is Newark in the north parking lot (5?) when they are landing to the south... I paid the $10, parked in there, took sum pics, but really got hasseled (not for the camera) but when I left because I had not stayed very long and they were sure that I musta been breaking into cars or sumpin..... ..NYC sucks.. Ed