Railroad Forums 

• NYC Car in UP Passenger Train

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#31740  by clehman

I recently read an advertisement from Challenger Imports for an H.O. “City of San Francisco” passenger car set. One of the add-on cars is listed as the NYC 10-6 sleeping car “Connecticut River.” I looked through my NYC passenger car and train books, and looked on the Internet, but could find nothing to indicate the color scheme of this car. Does anyone know if it was painted in U.P.s yellow & gray, or was it in NYC two-tone gray? If it was in U.P. colors, did it have a small ‘NYC’ near the ends and ‘Pullman’ in the letterboard? Thanks very much.

#31820  by trlinkcaso

Connecticut River was always in NYC two-tone gray. Entered service on December 29, 1948 with the PULLMAN letterboard. Repainted in the revised 1954 NYC two-tone gray April 30, 1954 with NEW YORK CENTRAL in the letterboard. Sold to NdeM in June 1966.

#32136  by clehman

Thank you very much Terry. I really appreciate the detailed response - it was just what I was looking for.