Railroad Forums 

• NYAR to Pine Aire on 10/28/12

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1098684  by LIRR409

Will New York & Atlantic be taking a train out East to Pine Aire tomorrow (Sunday 10/28/12) because of the Hurricane?
 #1099619  by Backshophoss

When the LIRR shuts down,NY+A is shut down. It's unlikely they were running unless there was a need to move a car requested by
local public safety officals. IF the NY+A was working,they were moving their equipment to higher ground.
 #1100207  by jayrmli

I doubt they would have anyway. It's not like anything will be going anywhere anytime soon. Either the cars would sit in Pond or sit at Pineaire. Will probably take a few days for anything to get rolling again, including the customers that the cars are for.
 #1100649  by DogBert

CSX isn't running yet, & P&W hasn't come through either. I'd imagine NYNJRR got flooded badly and won't be running for a few more days either.

I'm not sure where all the southern queens trash is processed, but if it goes out via WM in bushwick, they'll need a unit trash train. Probably going to be an uptick in C&D too.
 #1100878  by Uncle Cheapo

Lets just say NYNJ won't come online for a very, very, very long time. They lost it all on the Jersey side, even their "office bldg" washed away into the sea. A renegade barge plowed into the float bridge and destroyed it!
 #1108973  by ChessieDave

Any word of a possible Sunday run out east for NYA? Heading over to Hicksville station tom with my son for a bit. Just wasnt sure if NYA was up and running again yet. Thanks for any help.

David