Railroad Forums 

• NYA Train Numbers

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #893801  by mirrodie

I just came across this thread. Is it still accurate to today with the RS #'s?
 #893930  by break the seals

mirrodie wrote:I just came across this thread. Is it still accurate to today with the RS #'s?
I'll take a wack to try and describe what train runs when and where. There's a few Train numbers that i can remember off the top of my head which currently run. RS40 = day job that leaves fresh pond in the Am and does work on the Mainline and Central branch/Montauk. RS41 = the westbound run of the 40 back to Fresh pond.. Usually heads back around 1-3:30 pm time frame. RS30 = Another day job who also leaves fresh pond in the am to work east on the Port jeff branch but also does mainline work... RS31 = Westbound trip of that job. Although some say the RS30/31 job has been abolished. RS60 is a Day job that starts in pinaire and mainly works east of KO. The RS61 is the westbound run of that job.. It rarely goes west of Pinaire.. The RS51 is a night job that leaves pinaire to travel west to Fresh Pond Yard with cars switched out by the RS60/61. It leaves pinaire in the 8:20 -9:20 time frame.. Usually gets to Pond around 11. Drops the cut of cars then brings a new cut of cars east to Pinaire as the RS50 later in the morning around 1:30-2:30am.The RS51/50 use the same power that the RS60/61 uses. It's changed weekly. Moving on... The RS80 is a night train that leaves Fresh Pond around 8pm then sits in Jay and usually follows the 8:36 Pm or 9:36 Pm trains to KO.. The RS80 Switches local industries on the Mainline.. Marjam wood supply, Atlantic Coastal Debris, (Farmingdale) US Container in Wyandanch and sometimes go to Deer Park to switch stuff there as well.. They head west as the RS81 around the 1-3am time frame.. NYAR Also has an extra train which is the RS100. It hasn't run in a long time from what i've heard. It's a run as needed train. There's a few west of Jamaica jobs too. RS301 and RS302.. I don't know where those 2 work other then the fact that they are west of Jay jobs. Hope this helps..

BTS
 #896073  by break the seals

mirrodie wrote:THAnks so much!
No problem bro.. Good luck catching em.
 #896201  by mainline

Mirrodie-easy train to catch is the RS60. It leaves Pine Aire around 1040 if its going east of Ronkonkoma. I saw them coming back from Paraco Gas around 1:10 P.M. at Calverton. They had 270,261 and 4 cars. This time of year they probably go to Paraco about 3 times per week. After the 60 the scoot passed about 1:30ish. Still has 410 two cars and the 422. Good Luck. Bill
 #896270  by R36 Combine Coach

On weekdays I sometimes see a NYA freight at Sunnyside in the Yard "A" by the Thomson Avenue bridge from the IRT #7 passing over in the midday period between 11-2. I'd assume this one also drills the Arch Street/Hunters Point freight yard as well.
 #896329  by mainline

That would be the RS40. They switch Maspeth and LIC Team Track.