Railroad Forums 

• NYA Stone train 2007

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #402785  by Plywoodhall33

Since The Stone Train is in the morning on the mainline,I was wondering,what is a great spot to film it at (somewhere up to Farmingdale). I would also like to be able to go to a bagel store or a dunkin' donuts for breakfast. Any body have some suggestions?Thanks-Kyle "Ply" Woodhall :wink:

#402795  by SwitchMonkey

The only Dunkin Donuts I know of are in Hicksville ... and important piece of Physical Characteristics from a former RS-80 Condr. But I think there is one in the mall sandwiched between the Central Branch and Mainline 2.

#402882  by tushykushy

A good spot to film is actually right by Price Industrial, just before the Rte. 110 overpass by Farm 2. I've got footage of the stone train that ran 9/11/04 with 271 on the point, plus 3 engines, and 40 loads in the 8th notch going thru there. It's rare that they get the signal to pass thru... usually they're waiting for a west bound at Farm2.

Another good place is right by Coastal. You've got Bagel Factory right in Airport Plaza just across the street next to Dave & Busters.

#402918  by JMBethpage

Stone train just spotted E/B at Divide in Hicksville.
3 locos & 40 hoppers

10:12 am on mainline

#402938  by bat@grumman

I caught it at SOB Road. 10:15 AM, 3 locos pulling 36 cars (I think). Moving pretty quick, thanks to the downhill east of Hicksville. -Pat

#402995  by tushykushy

The power was 261/268/155 and 40 cars. Straight move there and back. West lite engines.

#403016  by emfinite

Here's a few shots from the stone train run today:

Farm 2 (Farm Interlocking):

Pineaire siding:

Amp meter:

Prima:

Joe

#403063  by Scrap em Again

Yep a successful first run, nothing blew up on me!

#405545  by Plywoodhall33

Great Shots Joe!I am probably going to Deer Park tomorrow,because my sister has her SAT's at Brentwood.What time would it come through there?10:00?10:30?

#405680  by emfinite

It's not running tomorrow.

Joe

#406563  by Plywoodhall33

emfinite wrote:It's not running tomorrow.

Joe
You tell me this now lol?I spent an hour and a half at deer park and nothing!When would it be running anyway?

#406647  by Nova55

Its usually by Ronk by 11-12ish...So possibly 10:30-10:45..but it tends to varry
 #406649  by SwingMan

I hope to see it when it runs. Maybe I'll ask my dad if he could drive to Deer Park to meet you. Emfinite, I have a question, did you board the Stone Train at Farmingdale on December 2, 2006? I was on train 8014 that day and saw it from the front of an M-3. :-) lirr415

#406856  by emfinite

I don't think so. I just checked my photographs and don't have any listed for that date. What was the consist that day?

Woodhall, I posted that at 3am! You should have checked the computer before you left!

Joe