Railroad Forums 

• NYA GP38-2's comming!!!

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#157836  by LIRRNOVA55

Any day now, Try "Hobbies" in Bayshore, Right off Sunrise, exit 44 in the shopping plaza. He said he would be getting them.

#158068  by mainline

If you don't care about paying full price. He usually holds onto his orders until they become unavailable and people will pay full price. He has too much stock in that store. I wonder if he even knows what he has.

#158074  by LIRRNOVA55

mainline wrote:If you don't care about paying full price. He usually holds onto his orders until they become unavailable and people will pay full price. He has too much stock in that store. I wonder if he even knows what he has.
Your tellin me. . he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. I spent a few hours there then once digging for stuff. .

#158326  by paulrail

Yes,...I did pre-order NY&Y # 261 [over a month ago] from M B Klein. Previously, I had picked up an Athern P&W GP38-2 from them at the same good price.

Hopefully soon, I'll be able to interchange both railroads at Fresh Pond on my model layout!

Paul

#158356  by B&ABL256

I may get one even though I model late 1950's early 1960's LIRR in HO and N scale

#158546  by li7039

got a call from dave at willis hobbies that there in and for sale. I have mine reserved and i am picking them up tomorrow

#158782  by John 61

Did anybody notice that when they took this photo, the engine is derailed??

#158811  by Scrap em Again

I would say that that is a very prototypical derailment. Our engines spend most of their time "on the ground" anyways LOL :wink: The funny thing is that I have personally seen it derailed in that position on 3 seperate occasions, once when I was running it!

#158855  by AmtrakPhill629

I went to trainland right before it closed and the manager brought out a couple of GP38's #271 yesterday. I bought one for 49.99, the manager said he only ordered a few because he had never seen them before and didnt know how they would sell. The engine runs great and the paint is looks sharp but you would need to add a few changes to them to make them look protypical.

#158887  by Knife-Switch

I got mine....YUMYUMYUM!!!!!
Trainland has the 271 complete with LaQuanda Liberty, but no 261 yet.
Looked to be a stack of about a dozen on the counter.

#158918  by The Workers

I hear that "Walthers" may be releasing an HO scale "built up" structure of NYA's world headquarters. Complete with rotted front steps, golf balls and dented up vehicles. :P

#158925  by tushykushy

Ah Knife.... LaQwanda Liberty. You told me that night about her... with the torch being in the wrong hand. I never really noticed that until you pointed it out to me. Was that the real reason why they wanted to paint her over? Maybe in a few years..... that home depot paint will oxidize and fade away... seeing the remnants of LaQwanda Liberty and her big fat lips.

When 261 comes out somebody tell me.

#158950  by li7039

261 and 271 are both aviable at WILLIS HOBBIES

#159005  by mainline

Don't worry TK lady liberty will be back in about a year or so. The maintenance forces(Ha,Ha) will be at with the pressure washer and blow that Home Depot forest green right off.