Railroad Forums 

• NYA 201 in HO

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #175745  by CR6618

A midwestern custom model builder is considering NYA 201 in HO. Paint will be the new NYA green and black scheme. Quantities will be extremely limited. This will be a non-powered unit, intended for display.

#176865  by jayrmli

"A non-powered unit, intended for display."

Just like the real thing! :-D

Jay

#177180  by Long Island 7285

maby the real think should have been painted in this "new" scheme and placed at the street entrance to pond :-D NYAs new security shaq.

#177227  by jayrmli

What? You don't like the converted storage container?

Jay

#177392  by Knife-Switch

I think the security shack offers that cozy Gitmo in Glendale feel

#177672  by Long Island 7285

Glendale border patrol.

The GP10 will make it look more railroadish, and shows the pride of the iron road.
 #177714  by CR6618

CR6618 wrote:A midwestern custom model builder is considering NYA 201 in HO. Paint will be the new NYA green and black scheme. Quantities will be extremely limited. This will be a non-powered unit, intended for display.
This builder has created custom models for me in the past. His work is excellent. On the same level as George Hunka's models. McHenry couplers and extra details, excellent paint and decals.

#193274  by metallicarox82

What shade of green do you guys reccomend? As I was thinking of custom painting my own.

#193457  by jayrmli

If you wish to make it authentic, any shade of green will do. No two engines look alike!

Jay

#193543  by Mr GP10

Holy crapknockers Batman............Is THAT the new color scheme for the NYAR? I love it!!! BTW.......What is the latest with the 156?? which engine will be next after the 156? I would guess there still is no extra power coming to the NYAR? excellent photos of that HO scale GP-10. To bad its not the real thing. RIP 201........

#193752  by badneighbor

is that the scheme for real?? looks like PC green and NYC black? yikes...

#196522  by unclepeat

I am sorry but his work is nothing like George's. I cannot find anyone close to what George did. I have purchase from this midwest guy in the past and never will again. He paints very thick and not very accurate, consider yourself lucky with your model.

#196524  by Long Island 7285

I like the way the new scheme looks on the GP10 will they do the same for the geeps? minue the flare up on the short hood? does any one have sample shots?