Railroad Forums 

• NY Existing Stations Update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1576751  by R36 Combine Coach

For Richmond County (Staten Island):

Dongan Hills - 1933
Grant City - 1967
New Dorp - 1967
Oakwood - 1963
Great Kills - 1939
Eltingsville - 1939
Annadale -1936
Huguenot - 1936
Tottenville - 1930s

Clifton (freight) - Streetview
 #1579772  by nydepot

Finished Montgomery County with updated photos and data. Removed the FJ&G Albany Bush depot as it's now gone.

Finished Fulton County with updated photos and data.

Finished Schoharie County with updated photos and data. Finally got a photo for the D&H Barnerville shelter. The U&D depot in South Gilboa will be tackled with Delaware County.

Added the D&H shelter for Delanson to Schenectady County with a photo.

http://ny.existingstations.com
 #1579787  by alzubal

The Delanson shelter is the small gray structure in the rear not the building with the peaked roof.
 #1579829  by nydepot

I think you’re thinking of the other thread where it was a Google Street view of it. My site did not have the station listed so there was no photo. When I went and took the photo I only took one photo, of the correct station. So no photo changed on my site.
 #1580697  by nydepot

Finished Madison County with updated photos and data.

Overall, the stations here have been fixed up more than what they were 20+ years ago.

Removed the O&W Stockbridge depot depot as it's now gone.

The West Shore Rippleton station has been moved again from Ballina Rd and is now in the hands of Madison County. I need to find it.

The West Shore Erieville station had been converted to a house. It's now abandoned and completely overgrown. Perfect haunted house for October.

#1580719  by nydepot

Also just got email confirmation the NY&NJ station in Bardonia (Rockland) is gone. It's a CVS now. I've removed it from the site.
 #1581707  by nydepot

Vacation in the Adirondacks is complete.

Started Herkimer County with updated photos and data.

Finished Essex County with updated photos and data. Removed the D&H Willsboro depot as it's now gone (CP replaced with a prefab office trailer).

Finished Clinton County with updated photos and data with the exception of Dannemora. Removed the D&H West Chazy freight house, D&H Peru, and the entry for the D&H Mooers Junction passenger depot as the depot is actually gone and the photo showed the former coal building.

Finished Lewis County with updated photos and data with the exception of Deer River (now in Oswego County.)

Finished Jefferson County with updated photos and data.

Removed the D&H's Greenfield (Saratoga) station that was off South Greenfield Rd. The owners recently tore it down. This should not be confused with the Kings station near Greenfield off Route 9N and Porter Corners Rd.

#1582400  by nydepot

Finally got a photo for the West Shore's Ballina depot in Madison County, truly finishing up that county's photos. Recall this was mistakenly labeled as Rippleton. It's been nicely restored by the owners.
 #1582650  by New Haven 1

This is a really nice archive of the stations. I just started perusing them and, am enjoying your work. Thank you.

I have a question regarding one of the pictures. In the Accord station listed under Ulster county, there appears to be some tracks that terminate about halfway compared to the station size behind them after entering the photo from the left side. Do you know if there was some sort of static display on them?