Railroad Forums 

• NS train speeds at Nasby NOW....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#230900  by matt

Does anyone know if NS restricts train speeds over diamonds to 40MPH? I think they do and did at Nasby. With the diamonds now gone, can we expect faster mainline speeds for trains thru here in the future?

#230922  by ToledoTerminalRy

NS did restrict them at both Nasby and Vickers when I worked for 'em in '04. I was stopped by a NS mixed train at Westwood last night, it was surely going faster than 40 couldnt say exactly but id guess 45-50.

#230941  by railohio

Slower speeds on diamonds means less maintenance which means lower operating costs. Now that the diamonds are gone it's safe to assume they will raise the speed through the interlocking to match that of the surrounding area.

#230983  by esprrfan

Yes there is still currently (as of 2am today) a 40mph speed restriction inplace