Railroad Forums 

• NS Train 33K - What is it?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#8534  by gravelyfan

NS Train 33K talking with operator at Hack (Jersey City, NJ on Conrail's P&H Line) at 1235 today. Train apparently went west onto the Lehigh Line. I did not see it, so don't know what was in consist (could have been light power for all I know). I've never heard this symbol before. Anyone have any info?

Thanks
 #8560  by njt4172

I noticed you posted this on trainorders. I will I had an answer, but I don't! Could somebody please help MR. Gravelyfan???

#8599  by njt5140

Are you sure you didn't hear 43A and mistook it for 33K?
 #8866  by nolifeCRchaser

gravelyfan wrote:NS Train 33K talking with operator at Hack (Jersey City, NJ on Conrail's P&H Line) at 1235 today. Train apparently went west onto the Lehigh Line. I did not see it, so don't know what was in consist (could have been light power for all I know). I've never heard this symbol before. Anyone have any info?

Thanks
The westbound Croxton to Allentown mixed freight run NS 43A is now the NS 33K. The eastbound run is still the 42A. I have no idea why Harrisburg changed the crew symbol. Possibly, to speed the train along, as the K trains are the hot trains. As far as why they are calling an empty mixed freight a K train is still unknown to us at Croxton.

A question for gravelyfan, kind of off topic, but were you one of the railfans at WA6/Lane when NS handed off the circus train to Amtrak last month? I thought you made a post on the old forum around that time that you had seen the train at Lane. I was just curious if that was you standing by the flyover with the other railfans or if you happened to see the train from another train.

#8880  by gravelyfan

No Life,

Thanks for the update on the new symbol.

Sorry but i don't know how to do the quote thing here, but no I was not down at Lane/WA 6 when the circus train was handed off.

I did post info about the move, as I did see it go through Newark Penn Station, but at this point I don't remember what I might have said.

G'fan

#8889  by gravelyfan

And since we're on the subject, 33K departing Croxton around 1040 this morning.