Railroad Forums 

• NS St. Louis operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#496120  by tapper13

Hello all, I am looking for some info about NS operations in St. Louis. I am from the New York area and was in St. Louis last week and managed to get in some rail photography in downtown St. Louis at the Grand Ave. and Compton St. overpasses. The amount of traffic was awesome, far more than I am used to in the east. My question pertains to three trains I saw on the BNSF line through downtown. All three were led by two NS engines. Are these BNSF trains that just happened to have matched NS power on run-through or are they NS trains operating over BNSF. The last time I was there was in 2006 and I didn't see any NS units at all. The date I was shooting was Jan. 18th in case it was just a detour or something. Thanks in advance for any info.