Railroad Forums 

• NS Saltsburg to Shelocta line

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #278134  by rnetzlof

Monday, Aug. 7 is supposed to be the day the first train runs on the newly built connector from the Conemaugh line to Clarksburg, where the new line connects to the old Ridge branch of the B&O/BR&P.

Does anyone know when the train is to run?

I'd likke to get down there to see it but it's a 90 mile drive and I'd hate to do that and find I was too late.

Bob Netzlof

#278226  by Rockin' Roller

I wish you would have posted yesterday.
I was over there this morning and I could have found out for you.
 #278647  by rnetzlof

But wait, it gets worse.

Lat yesterday someone told me the train was to arrive at Saltsburg about 9:00. I figured I'd have to leave here at 7:0 to be in Clarksburg by 9:00. Set the alarm for 6:00.

Alarm went off. It took me a minute tio figure out what noise was. I was so groggy I figured I'd end up in the ditch or wrapped around a tree if I tried to drive then. Went back asleep until 8:00

About 8:30 I thought about going there on the chance I would see something. Decided not to burn the gas just on a slim chance.

Just found out on another list that the train got to Saltsburg at 11:00 and spent most of a half hour going to Clarksburg at 10 mph.

I shoulda gone. Drat drat drat!

Bob Netzlof