Railroad Forums 

• NS Fogelsville Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#95975  by LVRailFan1234

Just wondering if anyone knows if they still use the rail line past the ALPO plant to the plant past Cedar Crest Blvd where the track evidently ends. I always drive through the area but never see trains going past Chapman yard. Thanks

#96015  by lvrr353

They still go up to the Tri-Met Chemical plant east of Cedar Crest Blvd. a few times a week. I was told they were shut down for a few days last week because they ran out of supplies because the rail line was closed because of the pipeline fire.

#96449  by yutzk

I've also heard the Chemical plant up there is going to either shut down or stop using rail service sometime in the next year so that limits the C&F down to Nestle Pet Foods ( ALPO )

In other news....Work has begun on a new industrial park opposite the one the C&F serves across Rt 100, so rail access may soon get bigger depending on the occupants.

Kevin ( I overlook the C&F hehe )

#96751  by carajul

The C&F is the line I had a question about earlier. I don't know where the line terminates now, but until the 1970s it ran all the way to the LVRR in Catty where there was a large yard.

BTW, there is still a ton of relics in that yard area. Everything from ghost signals to phone boxes and tower foundations.
 #385049  by jrevans

I was on the Morning Call website looking at an article
about the route 222 construction. While watching the
video, to my suprise, I saw a NS freight moving on the
C&F. Here's a link to the page:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_ ... 9697.story

The train is around 1:50 into the video.