Railroad Forums 

• NS Drills On NJT Bergen County Line In NJ

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #977009  by blocksignal

Hello I would like to know what NS drills generally operate on the NJT Bergen County Line between Glen Rock and Secaucus, days of the week, & times? More specifically what drill services the Columbia spaghetti factory in Fair Lawn near Rt. 4 Broadway and the Radburn Industrial Park in Radburn/Fair Lawn, days & times? Thank you.

Blocksignal.
 #977561  by waldwickrailfan

blocksignal wrote:Hello I would like to know what NS drills generally operate on the NJT Bergen County Line between Glen Rock and Secaucus, days of the week, & times? More specifically what drill services the Columbia spaghetti factory in Fair Lawn near Rt. 4 Broadway and the Radburn Industrial Park in Radburn/Fair Lawn, days & times? Thank you.

Blocksignal.
NS drills many different places along the bergen county line. they usually work spaghetti monday and thursday around 11-1. industrial park: tuesday and friday between 12 and 3. and 730-10. i do not work for NS, this is based on what i hear and see.
 #1088854  by blocksignal

Good afternoon does the drill that services the spaghetti factory and the Radburn Industrial Park still do so at the days and times in the post above this one or have the days and times changed? Also I understand that Nabisco is the only remaining customer in the Radburn Industrial park - is this true or are there other customers as well? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
 #1089214  by brianc02

After watching the NS switch job (H82?) there a few weeks ago it appears Nabisco is the only customer on the industrial. Although there are still switches and track in place for other industry, the tracks are overgrown and unused. I understand customers like PSEG and Eastman Kodak were in that park. Kind of wondering what types of commodities they received back in the day.
 #1219048  by blocksignal

Good afternoon I would like to know what the NS drill that switches at Nabisco and The Columbia Spaghetti factory in Fair Lawn is now. I recall they used to come on Mondays before but perhaps not now. I was in the area last Monday morning of last week and they were a no show. I went back there last Tuesday morning of last week and there was no movement in the freight cars at the Spaghetti factory or the 3 covered hoppers parked on the long siding along track 2 in the Radburn Industrial Area.

By the way NS has a 3rd customer in that area off of Banta Avenue in Fair Lawn - Glen Rock Lumber - which they seem to service occasionally. Thanks.

Blocksignal.
 #1220048  by waldwickrailfan

blocksignal wrote:Good afternoon I would like to know what the NS drill that switches at Nabisco and The Columbia Spaghetti factory in Fair Lawn is now. I recall they used to come on Mondays before but perhaps not now. I was in the area last Monday morning of last week and they were a no show. I went back there last Tuesday morning of last week and there was no movement in the freight cars at the Spaghetti factory or the 3 covered hoppers parked on the long siding along track 2 in the Radburn Industrial Area.

By the way NS has a 3rd customer in that area off of Banta Avenue in Fair Lawn - Glen Rock Lumber - which they seem to service occasionally. Thanks.

Blocksignal.
The H56 usually switches Nabisco out Mon-Fri. USually anytime from 730pm-1am
 #1262645  by blocksignal

Good afternoon,

I was curious to find out what the present schedule is for the NS local that services the Colombia Spaghetti factory near the Broadway/Fair Lawn NJT train station on the NJT BCL. I would like days of the week and times of the day. Thanks.

Blocksignal.