Railroad Forums 

• NS Detour trains-10/21/06

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#308872  by Phase Gap

Around 5 pm today 10/21/06 NS will be running detour trains up NJ Transit Bergen County,Main Line and the Tier......There is a major derailment in western PA...This should be the first of at least a few detours.

#308924  by amoreho1

how far will the trains go be fore returning to ns trackage

#309075  by Noel Weaver

amoreho1 wrote:how far will the trains go be fore returning to ns trackage
Probably Binghamton.
Noel Weaver

#309108  by oibu

West of CP-Sparrow (west side of Port Jervis), they are on NS trackage.

#309131  by trainfreak

I think technically once they get to CP-Sparrow it turns to CNY trackage and the trains need NYSW crews for the run up until Binghamton.

#309256  by oibu

CNY leases it. NS owns it. I'm pretty sure NS can still run their own trains there, should they decide to, whenever they want (subject to NYS&W traffic and dispatching,of course).

#309614  by mainetrain

Saw what appeared to be SU100 on Saturday morning at Campbell Hall around 8am, led by a CSX SD Dark future unit

#309638  by Steve F45

mainetrain wrote:Saw what appeared to be SU100 on Saturday morning at Campbell Hall around 8am, led by a CSX SD Dark future unit
SD70M, a second csx unit and i believe 2 nysw's. They had 2 99's go out that night.

#309670  by SecaucusJunction

NS can still run trains over the Tier from Binghamton to Sparrow. Part of the agreement was that they retained overhead trackage rights over the segment