Railroad Forums 

• NS delmarva secodary, rehabilitation

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#784393  by Sand Box John

Norfolk Southern workers prepare to insert new railroad ties.
(Jordan Kydd photo)

I think this photo was taken when one of the gangs was working where the line passes the University on Maryland Eastern Shore in Princes Anne.

Norfolk Southern makes repairs to tracks
By Deborah Gates
Staff Writer
Salisbury Daily Times

The Daily Times Story only mentions the work being done in Maryland.

I am told the project extends from Harrington to Pokomoke City. There are two separate crews working the line, one crew composed of two gangs is working from Laural to Harrington, the other crew, also composed of two gangs are working from Pokomoke City to Laural. I have been watching the Pokomoke City to Laural crew for the last three weeks. As of today one gangs was just south of Dalmar the other is just north of Business MD US-50 in Salisbury. The work started in Pokomoke City about four weeks ago.

Pictures to follow.
 #819345  by lexon

I found that interesting as I lived in Pocomoke City from July, 1970 until Jan 1984. Worked at Wallops Island, Spandar Radar facility.
I remember the line in the earlier 1970s was pretty bad. Did those boxcars wobble.
I remember looking up old rail lines in the area. I think one extended into VA a little.
Saw the Crisfield line ripped up before many in the area knew what was going on.

Rich