Railroad Forums 

• NS Announces Steam Excursion Schedule for Spring 2013

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1147849  by jgallaway81

NEWS UPDATE!

Got the schedule and ticket pricing info.

Fort Wayne Historical Society has published ticket information on their website for the three day-long excursions which will depart Lewistown, travel west to Horseshoe Curve and return to Lewistown. During the trip, there is scheduled to be a 2.5 hour layout in Altoona to allow passengers to visit the Railroader's Memorial Museum.

Lets show these people that this is an awesome idea and support the move. Unfortunately, I'll be working so I don't expect to be able to enjoy any of the trips. After NS held me out of service last year, I have to work hard this year to try and recover financially.

Fort Wayne page on the tickets: http://fortwaynerailroad.org/category/events/.
 #1301493  by rwk

Well, not sure if they could operate in shared assets territory (east of Manville, NJ) but last year's Lehigh Limited with M&E was a success and it did operate over the shared assets portion of ex-LV track. I heard though that NKP 765 might make its way east again next year. Just cross your fingers. Plus, N&W 611 and Southern 4501 will be running on NS, too but I suspect mainly in the southern states unless a miracle happens.