• NS #8637 shown on TV show.

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by Engineer James

Wildest Police videos had a segment on railroad accidents last night. (Spike TV) It had a video of NS #8637 plowing into a tractor trailer. Now, it did not show the damage to the loco, just the trailer. The truck, also took down a signal pole. Anyone know if she is back in service?

by washingtonsecondary

I saw that 2 or 3 years ago, so I'd assume yes its long back in service.

by General

The last time I used the 8637 was in January 2006. There was no noticable damage to it then. When you hit a trailer with the engine, it does very little damage when empty. A loaded trailer can be a different story depending on what it is loaded with.

by HEMI_HARVESTER

I have seen he video before. Its even on u tube. Anyway that happen in Lafayette Ind. atleast 10 years ago. The track it happen on is not even there anymore. They replaced it with a by-pass track. Lafayette had a NO horn policy so we used to hit stuff all the time! the track as 25 mph and there where 23 road crossings in about 5 miles. it was a mess.

by Engineer James

WOW! Sounds dangerous. :(

by U-Haul

Unless what you hit is a fuel truck, log truck, or something else carrying dangerous cargo emotional trauma is more of a concern for railroaders who meet a vehicle at a crossing.