Railroad Forums 

• NS 8098- Conrail Heritage ES44AC

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#1025862  by ns3010

I've been posting updates in the "Survivor Spottings" thread, but it's probably better to have a dedicated thread for the Conrail heritage unit. That way, there'll be a place to track it, without interfering with the "real blues."

8098 has arrived in Altoona in primer, awaiting paint. Photo by Dustin Faust, posted to AltoonaWorks Facebook page.
 #1027093  by ns3010

bluedash2 wrote:Can't wait to see it finished.
Same here! :-)

Reported as going into the paint booth today.

Soon...
 #1027711  by ns3010

Sick! I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to catch it on the Lehigh Line sometime.

I've heard that its first run will be on 11A to Conway, PA.
 #1027770  by ns3010

Full roster shot, not mine:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

She's beautiful! I'm glad that NS is sticking to more accurate paint schemes, and they did a pretty good job here. The number on the cab seems to be the standard NS numbers, and it has "NS" under the number (just like a patch job), but, other than that, looks good to me!
 #1027819  by ST214

I see NS kept the NS markings to a minimum, unlike UP which plastered UP all over theirs.
 #1028185  by charlie6017

atsf sp wrote:Are they only going to run this unit on ex-conrail lines i wonder?
I think it's safe to say that all Heritage Units will be used system-wide......

Charlie
 #1028439  by waldwickrailfan

charlie6017 wrote:
atsf sp wrote:Are they only going to run this unit on ex-conrail lines i wonder?

Charlie
It was on a COAL train today....I knew NS would retrict them to the coal fields.....
 #1028473  by ns3010

waldwickrailfan wrote:
charlie6017 wrote:

Charlie
It was on a COAL train today....I knew NS would retrict them to the coal fields.....
Just because its first run just so happened to be a coal train means nothing. It's not going to stay there forever. No need to freak out over it. :-)

At the risk of getting off topic... 8098 won't be the only heritage unit for long...