Railroad Forums 

• NREX Lessors on CSX - How Many?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#920195  by Lady Penelope

I have heard and read on LocoNotes that CSX is leasing 50 NREX SD45-series locomotives. My question is, how many are currently in service, and where are the locomotives assigned? And also what prompted CSX to lease the NREX locomotives? I talked to Nathan Hall a few days ago, and informed me that he saw two of them on a Selkirk, NY - Chicago, IL mixed freight, he had told me the symbol, but I forgot. TIA.
 #920977  by Alek9997

It's been a month since I heard any news about this either, but at this point I would have to say this was false. None of them (as far as I know) have arrived yet. I heard CSX cancelled the deal at the last moment, but they are currently looking into other leasing companies for power.

As for those NREX units out of Selkirk, they came in off the CP on an ethanol train the day before.