Railroad Forums 

• November 2nd - only sort of off topic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#65101  by JLo

Unfortunately, there a no state offices up for election today or I would still be at the polls to vote them all out. I did vote to oust all the local and county incumbents.

#65119  by Jtgshu

Living in Monmouth County, I voted for all the incombants, not just for transit issues, although they whole heartedly support MOM and other mass transit projects in the county and region, but Im wondering if anyone who lives in the Middlesex county area knows if anyone who was running made any type of campaign stance with MOM and mass transit????

Seems like its such a political hot-potato up there, that someone would take a stance on it, even in a local election, S. Brunswick, Monroe, etc.....

#65177  by njt4172

I hate to go off topic on something that is already OFF topic, but who is voting/voted for Bush and who is voting for Kerry"?? If you don't mind sharing.....

Thanks,
Steve

#65262  by nick11a

What the heck. I had a real tough time making the choice. It took many months of thought and consideration. I took in many factors into consideration. My catholic background was certainly a deciding factor plus who I feel I can trust more as president and as a leaader and I took all of this, multiplied it by the z of x to the 2nd power, divded by 1.65 and multiplied by Py, and I came up with- Kerry.

#65288  by sullivan1985

I hate both of them. They are both horrible people in my eyes, but to me, the lesser of the two evils to me was Bush. And I stand against a lot of what Bush has to say, but I just felt bush was right for me...

#65318  by JLo

They are both horrible people in my eyes,
No, they aren't horrible--or people for that matter. They are just politicians.

#65385  by Idiot Railfan

Michael Dukakis is a railfan. (And today is his birthday!) He should have had his photo taken in an RS3 instead of the tank.

#65399  by njt4172

Idiot Railfan wrote:Michael Dukakis is a railfan. (And today is his birthday!) He should have had his photo taken in an RS3 instead of the tank.
BUSH is an airplane buff! It is too bad he couldnt transfer his hobbies to railroads....

Steve

#65405  by Idiot Railfan

Dukakis may be an airplane buff, but he is definately a railfan. He was a big proponent of railroad in Massachusetts, and eventually became chairman of Amtrak.

#65459  by sullivan1985

JLo wrote:
They are both horrible people in my eyes,
No, they aren't horrible--or people for that matter. They are just politicians.
good point...lol. never thought of it that way :-P

#66098  by BigDell

Just as an aside, I spent a GREAT evening with a friend of mine running back and forth from FoxNews to Rock Center (where NBC/MSNBC was ensconced) watching "democracy in action". Both places were busy and active with the crowds (partisan of course!) "living and dying" as each state posted the returns. Only CNN was abandoned. Not a soul was there.
Fox and NBC were great, though. It was amazing being in the center of the media activity as the returns came in. We finally ended up in the wonderful "Rosie O'Grady's" On W.46 'tween 6th and 7th watching the Fox News coverage, eating Shepards Pie, drinking black-and-tans and capping off the night (morning) with JD shots and, of course, a shot of Padron. I finally headed home around 3AM or so...

I have to say, despite who you support, its a privilege to live in a country where things really do run really well every four years and we do allow for a smooth transition of power. Having worked for extensive periods in places like Central/South America, the old Soviet Union, Korea, Japan and parts of Europe, I'm always proud of how well we do things here. This country really is blessed and the mere fact that you can talk about it publicly - both pro and con- the way we do, is really a wonderful thing....

BigDell