Railroad Forums 

• Northern NJ Canal & Railroad Exploration Road Trip

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#44345  by CAR_FLOATER

Thought this might be of interest to the historians/railfans on the list........

I am in charge of putting together a guided tour of sorts of various interesting locales along the path of the Morris Canal, CNJ, and DL&W for my local NMRA division on Sunday, August 29th. We will car pool from spot to spot (like Boonton, Wharton, Washington to name a few) and will get out and explore the area and a short history on each item(s) of interest will be presented. All the details (time, cost, ect.) are on the Garden State Division NMRA web site at http://www.trainweb.org/nergsd/upcomingevents.htm
Hope to see you there!

Ralph Heiss
GSD/NMRA Events Chairman
 #45928  by CAR_FLOATER

For those who are interested in the GSD/NMRA trip I am running next Sunday August 29th, here is an updated itinerary of where our stops along the way will be.....

Denville (DL&W trackage)

Rockaway (DL&W CNJ, Morris County Traction, and canal remains)

Wharton (CNJ & Morris Canal)

Ledgewood (Morris Canal)

Port Murray (Morris Canal & DL&W)

Washington (DL&W)

Changewater (DL&W)

Phillipsburg (PRR, CNJ, DL&W, LV and Morris Canal)

Along the way, there will be points of interest that will be narrated via hand held radio (if you have one, bring it along to tune in, as a limited number will be available to GSD members only) and also mentioned in the guide book to follow along with as we drive from spot to spot.

Hope to see everyone there,

Ralph Heiss
GSD Events Chairman

#46787  by Ken W2KB

What frequency for the radio?
 #47168  by CAR_FLOATER

Hi Ken -

I honestly can't begin to say.......I can tell you tha they are just standard multi-channel walkie-talkie types by Motorolla.

Hope that helps,

Ralph Heiss
GSD Events Chairman

#47209  by Ken W2KB

Ok, thanks, I will probably be out of state, but just in case not I would have tried to listen in. I live on the top of the 1,000 hill in Lebanon Township, roughly between Califon and Port Murray (my post office is Port Murray.) The excursion should be very interesting, I've seen most of it in bits and pieces over the past several years. Hope you get a good response!
 #47411  by CAR_FLOATER

Thanks for the well wishes, Ken! It should be a fun day, and lets hope the weather is nice!

Regards,

Ralph Heiss
GSD Events Chairman