Railroad Forums 

• Northeast Regional 188 - Accident In Philadelphia

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1330439  by nomis

jackintosh11 wrote:what kind of locomotive was on the train?
ACS-64 i believe ... didn't get a screen shot of it though, and haven't seen it again on the video feed.
 #1330441  by rdgrailfan

It looks like this is right on the curve, overhead foot bridge (closed off)from Pike street over to Wheatscheif and a rail yard on the right going north. Line to Delair is just south of the curve.
this is the same area as the congressional Limited derail in 1943/
They keep repeating possible freight train involved ...possibly.5 to 8 cars derailed at least two on their side.
 #1330443  by R36 Combine Coach

nomis wrote:
jackintosh11 wrote:what kind of locomotive was on the train?
ACS-64 i believe ... didn't get a screen shot of it though, and haven't seen it again on the video feed.
Reportedly 601, second delivered, first wrecked. Seen on acceptance run, 2/19/14.
 #1330446  by 34thStreet

jackintosh11 wrote:Less than a year into service and one already (almost certainly) destroyed. Wow.
While I'm sure we're all curious about the locomotive, the reality is, whether it was an ACS or an AEM is much less important than what happened to those on board- this looks like a terrible situation that is only going to get worse as we learn more details. Let's worry about them first, the locomotive later.
 #1330448  by NH2060

Sen. Patrick Murphy who was onboard says the train was travelling @ around 60-70mph and moving at a "good clip". Whoa.

Here's a link to the MSNBC live stream:
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amtrak-train ... iladelphia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by NH2060 on Tue May 12, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1330450  by Greg Moore

34thStreet wrote:
jackintosh11 wrote:Less than a year into service and one already (almost certainly) destroyed. Wow.
While I'm sure we're all curious about the locomotive, the reality is, whether it was an ACS or an AEM is much less important than what happened to those on board- this looks like a terrible situation that is only going to get worse as we learn more details. Let's worry about them first, the locomotive later.
Yeah. Locos can be replaced/repaired. People, not so much. Let's keep track of priorities folks.
 #1330454  by AlexC

TrainPhotos wrote:My friend said SEPTA is providing buses to transport passengers. Any word on where they are being taken?
They have opened up a local school for passengers that aren't severely hurt.

There is video of passengers leaving on the buses. They look shocked, some splashed blood. But otherwise OK.
Last edited by AlexC on Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.