• North eastern pa interchanges.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by joshuahouse

Could someone tell me which road interchanges with which in NE PA (west of the Susquahanna river and north of I78 and 22 say)?

I know that CP runs northeastward across the old coal regions does it interchange with any shortlines before it reaches the Scranton area?

R&N of course runs the old lehigh valley/cnj line north from allentown and shares some of that with NS but where do they do their interchanges?

NS runs up on various sides of the Delaware going to Portland, is this the only place they meet up with the GVT line?

by Andyt293

CP Rail interchanges with the D-L and the RN at Taylor Yard near Scranton. The D-L interchanges with NS at Portland. Not sure where exactly the NS interchanges with the RN these days whether at Lehighton or Penobscot (Mountaintop).

by metman499

Currently at Penobscott, Andy.
  by Matt Langworthy

Don't forget the Towanda-Monroeton Shippers Lifeline- they interchange w/NS at Towanda.

Where does the Luzerne & Suquehanna fit into the interchange picture at Scranton?
Last edited by Matt Langworthy on Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by joshuahouse

Yeah I totally forgot about them.... anyone know if the minor flooding down that way has had a negative impact on their operations?

by metman499

The L&S interchanges with the CP at Hudson, the R&N at Pittston and the DL at Little Virginia.