• Norfolk Southern/ Suffern Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David Hutchinson

Saw NS 2100, ex-CR, ex-RDG SW1001 in yard tonight, 16 December, coupled to an NS GP-40-2.
  by sullivan1985

David Hutchinson wrote:Saw NS 2100, ex-CR, ex-RDG SW1001 in yard tonight, 16 December, coupled to an NS GP-40-2.
Yeah, NS likes to keep these two together a lot. I see them about 3 times a week running east or west through Rutherford. Its kinda cool to see an SW on Main Line track instead of in a yard only...

by Olog-hai

Er, gents . . . Suffern is of course in NY State. And ain't that Hillburn Yard? because NJT uses Suffern Yard IIRC . . .

by sullivan1985

Olog-hai wrote:Er, gents . . . Suffern is of course in NY State. And ain't that Hillburn Yard? because NJT uses Suffern Yard IIRC . . .
True... But i guess its ok, because its like 5 ft away from New Jersey and those locomotives spotted their serve NJ industry anyway.

by Lackawanna484

Olog-hai wrote:Er, gents . . . Suffern is of course in NY State. And ain't that Hillburn Yard? because NJT uses Suffern Yard IIRC . . .
hello Olog-hai!

by njt4172

Blockline,

Where are you??? Your buddy Olog Hai is back!!!!

Welcome back Olog Hai!!!!!!

Steve

by nick11a

Ah, Olog's back. Welcome back Olog.

by BlockLine_4111

IIRC there is a cult or tribe of people resident in this locale.

by BlockLine_4111

njt4172 wrote:Blockline,

Where are you??? Your buddy Olog Hai is back!!!!

Welcome back Olog Hai!!!!!!

Steve

I second that one. Poor Stevie thought you were a goner ! Anyways welcome as usual.