Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk Southern Detours

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#977619  by 21stCenturyLtd

For reasons not entirely clear to me, NS has been detouring trains 13T and 30T down the NYS&W for the past week or two. Unfortunately they've all been in the middle of the night. I was able to get one on camera Wednesday night, this one with 6 units, the trailing unit being a leased Union Pacific dash 8. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erX_Nu4UaeA

Feel free to post any photos, videos, and info here. Please try to keep the speculation and what not to a minimum, I'd hate to see us have another thread closed due to mindless arguing. Thanks!
 #977794  by Sid Farkus

Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
 #977816  by waldwickrailfan

Sid Farkus wrote:Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
that depends, where did you hear the train.
 #977856  by Sid Farkus

waldwickrailfan wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:Nice to see this line being kept busy again, I heard one at 4am this morning. Anyone know what train that was?
that depends, where did you hear the train.
Franklin Lakes
 #977858  by waldwickrailfan

if you were in Franklin Lakes and heard a train this morning(Saturday) than i would guess a detour. the SU-99 ran late last night leaving around 10PM. so it could have been either a detour or a local.