Railroad Forums 

• NKP 765 on PAR

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1369414  by Jonathan

Does anyone think that nkp 765 could run on Pan Am Railways?? I think it is doubtful.
 #1369473  by johnpbarlow

NS Heritage units often show up on PAS! :wink:

Given the small CP trackage rights gap between NS end of track at Schenectady Amtrak Station and PAS at Mechanicville, I'm guessing we won't see 765 pulling an excursion from NS onto PAS. I suppose NS could lead 765 with a diesel and maybe refer to it as I2K, an extra section of 22K intermodal train.

Actually, I'll be thrilled if 765 shows up anywhere on the entire NS this coming season.
 #1369579  by Engineer Spike

CP had its own steam program until the present regime came in. If it's on someone else's dime, they may be receptive. With NS fighting a possible takeover, they might go into an austerity budget, which would show no frivolous spending, and all cash reserves being used to fight the takeover.

I'd much rather see B&M 3713 return to home rails, if it ever get its rebuilding done.
 #1369657  by MEC407

I think in the next 10-15 years you'll see MEC 470 pulling an excursion somewhere on PAR (or whoever owns the railroad by then). It'll be worth the wait.